- All male.
- Born as humans are.
- The mating of a Carrier and a Vampire.
- Trace their familial roots back the most ancient times
- Seen as normal in their world
- Exceptional hearing, night vision, amazing strength
- Sensitive to sunlight.
- Made by having their neck bitten (see transition explanation below)
- Must be past puberty when bitten.
- Unstable and homicidal once blood lust takes hold. They cannot be controlled until they are fully transitioned.
- When they feed before they fully transition, they go overboard and tend to kill the woman they are feeding from.
- Once transitioned, they have the same powers as Borns but they all have light green eyes.
- Females who carry a gene to birth vampires passed through the female line.
- If they do not mate with a vampire, they birth normal humans.
- Have psychic powers, ie, premonitions, visions, dreams, hear others’ thoughts.
- Once mated their powers become stronger as their sensitivity to light increases.
- Can be scented by both Made and Born Vamps once she has reached reproductive age.
- Only Carriers can birth other Carriers and Vampires.
- 40 week pregnancy
- A Vampire must bite the Carrier during intercourse, injecting the fertility serum into her blood stream. Instinctive, and reaches potency once the Vampire is around 30 human years.
- Feed as human babies do.Carriers’ breast milk is the only thing they can feed on until solids can be introduced. It contains a special antibody.
- Born Vamps begin to have cravings during puberty.
- They eat regular food throughout their lives.
- Once they reach their reproductive years, their feedings are not as common. They are usually confined to sexual encounters.
- Once transitioned, Made Vamps take on all the feeding traits of Borns.
- Born Vamps start transition through puberty, their need for blood growing with their libido.
- Made Vamps are forced into their transition after a Born Vamp feeds off them. They are drained of almost all their blood. Then, it takes them 48-72 hrs of sleeping to recover. When they awaken, their bloodlust starts to grow.
- Made Vamps have the same 3-4 year transition in a matter of weeks. They are overcome with lust, their need for blood and sex overwhelming. If they are controlled and fed the blood of a Born, they might be able to survive.
- A vamp shares his blood with his mate during sex. From that point on, he can only feed from her, their lifeforces are bound together.
- Stake to the heart, made of Spanish Mahogany.
- Sunlight can be deadly if exposed to it for too long. First sign of problem is a skin rash.
Inquisition – Many Vampires were killed, but the worst of it was the Carriers. Because of the Church’s actions, the Quad council became even more secretive.
Vlad the Impaler – Born Vamp who made his army.